Caring for your product
Maintaining a product made of natural materials is sometimes a bit overwhelming. We get that. That's why we've put together some care instructions for your hoop product. Please email or call us if you have any questions on how to care for your product - someone from the team will be happy to help.
Our products are designed so that damaged parts can be easily repaired or replaced. Contact us if you've damaged a component on your item. We'll assess it and repair if possible. If not, you can order a replacement part instead.
You can give us a call or send us an email. Our team will get back to you with a quote for the repair/replacement. We'll get your item feeling and looking healthy again.
Timber furniture will naturally expand and shrink. Exposure to heat and humidity will amplify this. Oiled surfaces also do not stand direct heat and moisture. Do not place your furniture too close to a source of heat. Do not place hot items directly onto the surface. Indoor furniture should not be used outside. Avoid placing wet items directly onto the surface (particularly metals).
To prolong the life of your Hoop furniture and to avoid damaging its surface or structure, we recommend following the tips & tricks.
1. Hoop recommends that maintenance on oiled products be carried out at least once a year, depending on use.
2. Flat-pack furniture is held together mechanically using various types of screws which will require tightening periodically. Be careful not to over-tighten and do not use any powertools.
3. Wood is a natural material and surfaces will change colouring over time. How much and how fast the surface will patinate depends on the exposure to light. Avoid placing your furniture in direct sun light.
4. Wood surfaces, including oiled surfaces, do not stand moisture, heat or alcohol. Spills must be wiped up immediately
5. We recommend not covering the surfaces partly as this can cause color differences across the surface
6. Never place furniture right up against radiators or other heating devices
7. Always start with the most gentle cleaning product. We recommend the use of Osmo Wash & Care dissolved in a cold/luke warm water.
8. Never use sanding products like scouring powder, metal polishes or cleaners that contain ammonia
9. Indoor furniture should not be used outside
10. Sweat is acidic and can affect natural materials like wood.
11. If you experience any issue with your furniture, you are always welcome to reach out to email@example.com.
For day-to-day cleaning, wipe the furniture with a clean dry cloth. Try to promptly wipe down spills
that could stain (red wine, coffee, lemon juice, vinegars, curry etc.)
For thourough cleaning,
1. First wipe off loose dust/dirt.
2. Wring out a clean cloth with a solution of cold/luke-warm water and a universal cleaning
detergent. We advise the use of OSMO Wash and Care 8016.
3. Wash off with a damp cloth using only cold/luke-warm water. To avoid stripes/ blotches,
you should finally wipe the furniture with a clean, dry cloth until it is completely dry.
Do not use common household detergents or abrasives as this will strip away the natural oils
We recommend caring for your oiled furniture by treating it with oil at least once a year. Clean your furniture with Osmo Wash & Care (you may also use a chemical free cleaning solution)
Rinse with a lightly damp cloth and immediately dry with a clean cloth. For a smooth surface, where needed, sand the surface lightly in the direction of the wood grains with the supplied sanding sponge. Remove sanding dust thoroughly. Rotate the closed oil container several times. Apply oil onto a lint free cloth carefully following the guidelines on the Osmo product. The oil will cure over the next couple of days.
Full curing time is achieved after a period of weeks. Please take extra care during this window when you first receive your product and after maintenance.